Nov 18, 2009

Clamo, clamatis, omnes clamamus pro glace lactis - I scream, you scream, we all scream for icecream.

I like whimsy and fall and summer nights and the way light reflects off of eyes and that rotten apples smell and nostalgia and lazy Sundays and sluggish January and boots and kindness and thoughtful gestures and confetti and folk music and overcast skies and rainbow cardigans and 80's jangle pop and geography and history and wanderlust and homesickness and burnt matches and laughing till my guts ache and newspaper and adventuring and tacos and surprises and carrot cake and coffee and mornings and sunrises and mini wheat’s and warmth and dead leaves and being alone and literature and pen pals and static electricity and flea malls and meteor showers and the fact that we are shooting through space at a startling velocity.


I should be studying French right now; actually I should be doing a lot of things. But instead I’m writing this. My exams are just around the corner but I still haven’t summoned up the dedication to seriously pick up a textbook, in a desperate hope that nature will intervene and an apocalypse will occur or something to that effect and prevent me from sitting for my exams.

No such luck so far, but hey, I’m being optimistic. In a very warped and ironic sense.


I was listening to my friends, Carina and Amit, having this conversation which involved the Iphone – I was desperately trying to finish me chemistry question bank at the time so I was not participating in it. Carina said something which caught my attention – “is there anything the Iphone can’t do?”
Well...





Speaking of question banks and the like, I wrote something in English which I think – when tweaked a little – might have some serious story potential. It began like this –


Midnight blankets the cemetery, where death lurks at the foot of every gravestone and each ominous shadow belongs to the Reaper’s hand. The air sighs with the plaintive breaths of souls. Stone angels hold vigil, their hard eyes gazing emptily over the sleeping dead.


And in a secluded corner, by the eerie silhouette of a stiff, marble cross, a shovel cuts through the earth.


Someone’s digging up the past.



But I have no time to pursue that right now – in fact I had really better get studying. ..

I do have these exams. Nasty lil'buggers. This could be a reflection of my upcoming maths paper -



or





And people ask my why I didn't opt for physics. Still chemistry is scary enough...








I’ve decided that I’m going to have to considerably shorten the length of my blogs if I want to update regularly so that is what I’m going to do. That way all you bored people out there; with nothing better to do than read the twisted rambles of a fifteen-year old girl, will hopefully have an update almost every day. Although most of it will probably be spent on whining about how evil examinations are and how the entire educational system should be discarded and how I don’t really give a damn if “pink is the new orange”.


Confusing stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I lyk the way you think girl!
    And remember, even if no-one else reads your blog, I always will.
    And, grr. "I've decided that I'm going to have to considerably shorten the length of my blogs if I want to update regularly so that is what I'm going to do." Wasn't that MY idea?! Honorable mention? :D
    <3

    ReplyDelete