Nov 11, 2009

Ad absurdum - To the point of absurdity

"I do my thing and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I and if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful"--Frederick E. Perl.

You can push us.

You can bend us.
You can break us.
And since we don't like the rules.
We make our own.



I am back.

After a ridiculously long time, I am well aware of that. But if you can find it in your hearts to forgive me and not subject me to some sort of horrible torture (such as tickling me – I am incredibly ticklish - a fact which, to my never-ending horror, everyone seems to have discovered lately and have been using against poor defenceless me) I promise to try (that being the key-word) to be more regular in my updates.


I suppose I should start with the most interesting – my last Goa holiday. Very enjoyable experience, well for the first say fourteen hours (twelve of which I was probably asleep), until I stepped on a catfish. Yes, that’s right, no it is not a typo or some kind of error made on my part or the computers. I stepped on a gosh-darn-bloody-catfish. Well, it wasn’t bloody before the incident but since I may have ripped out its spine it probably was afterwards. Wait – what do you mean poor catfish? There I was, happily surfing and minding my own business when – wham – I have this great big serrated spike going through my foot. As in, it was protruding from both ends.

I should have taken loads of gory pictures and posted them on here just to freak you people out but strangely enough at the time of the whole incident I wasn’t too focused on really taking snapshots of it as souvenirs. In fact the things that I said during the far-too-long drive to the doctors consisted of “don’t touch it!” and “oww! How can you say ‘it’s alright?’ IT’S NOT ALRIGHT!” and other babble which I cannot be bothered to repeat mainly because even I have not the foggiest idea what I was going on about. Oh, and as a double whammy the stupid catfish was also poisonous and since I refused to take pain killers I was in agony for a few hours afterwards. Happy memories indeed.

My social life has been reduced to practically nothing in event of the upcoming exams (damn you education system) at this rate I’m going to have to turn schizophrenic and resort to yelling at imaginary people in my mind. What can I say - people have weird conversations sometimes and I am not exception.



Umm, pretend you never read that, it’ll be easier to pretend I’m sane that way. I'm pretty sure I have a dysfunctional brain. Hmm...


REASONS FOR HAVING A DYSFUNCTIONAL BRAIN
1. Undiagnosed mental disease.

2. Evolution malfunction.

3. Abducted by aliens and probed.

4. Unknowingly exposed to crack at a young age.

5. Scientific experiment.

6. Mistaken car exhaust pipe for pacifier.


Pick anyone, at this point there all equally possible.


The weather has been crappy lately, but I’m not really complaining that much – it got me a day of no school. Still, it’s fine today so all that hype about hurricanes was totally farce. We need more accurate ways of predicting the weather. Might I suggest -



Much more effective than all those satellites in space.


So maths is annoying me, so was chemistry but Amit really helped me out with that one. Maths is just... annoying really. Who the hell had time to actually sit down and think all that stuff up? I mean, who cares what angle a triangle is? My exam paper is probably going to end up something like this:


When am I ever going to apply that in the future?
The future. Wonder what kind of wacky inventions we'd have come up with by then...


I have a couple of really important things to do. I don’t ordinarily like change, things are normally great the way they are, but this really needs to happen and I might as well be the one to initiate it. Otherwise it’s going to blow up in my face big time. Sorry, I’m being cryptic but if everything goes accordingly (and I half hope that it doesn’t) you’ll know what I mean.

So yesterday I was utterly appalled to find myself using the world “LOL” at awkward pauses in the conversation. Which is one reason why chatting across the internet is so bothersome, what do you do when you run out of things to say? Apparently, type “LOL”.


But you already know, for a considerably lenthy blog entry which I previously posted, that I detest such usage. Words are precious, use them carefully.


Until next time (and there will be a next time, soon hopefully),


Sun.

1 comment:

  1. I think we're due for another post Sunita...

    ReplyDelete