Sep 1, 2009

In dentibus acticis frustrum magnum spinaciae habes - you have a large piece of spinach between your teeth.



How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before its afternoon.
December is here before its June.
My goodness how the time has flown.
How did it get so late so soon?

-Dr. Seuss


So, I’ve been ill these past few days and as a result I’ve been stuck at home. Let me reassure you, it wasn’t swine flu - Pia and I did ponder on the merits of me being the first to contract a new disease which we, in a stunning display of our creative skills, dubbed ‘Snail Flu’ or ‘Ita-ness.’ – However after due consideration the verdict was that I had simply suffered from the common cold and all my dreams of sneezing my way to stardom were shattered.
I’ve been very inactive lately, I’ve managed to munch my way through several novels but even that gets tiresome after a while, online conversations are not really wholly satisfying and I’ve completely lost my will to write anything which actually makes sense (or, perhaps, I never possessed it in the first place.) In hopes of finding a suitable hobby I considered gardening, stamp collecting and painting, the first two former ideas were hurriedly dismissed and the final one, although entertained briefly for about fifteen minutes was likewise discarded.
Which begs the question, what do people who are not avid readers or spend long periods of time online immersed in their virtual lives do with their free time? Perhaps some, who are extremely extroverted, spend all their time interacting with others but personally I cannot fathom it. I suppose one cannot rule out sports but I know many people who participate in none of these (well, they do talk to others of course, but not constantly) so what on earth do they do?
Mental Note: Ask said people how they pass their time.

I’m feeling very random today...

You are haunted by the Ghost of Christmas Past, though it is only September.


Don’t ask me why I just typed that, I probably won’t be able to give you a coherent answer.
I’ve got a whole load of stuff which needs to be done but, as a wise man once said “why do it today when you can put it off until tomorrow.” Okay, well he didn’t exactly say that, I just modified it a little bit to suit my argument.

I do that often.
After conversing with a number of individuals I have decided that society’s reality is completely farce and I shall hence forth substitute it with my own. From this day onwards pigs can fly!


Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment